Keibuild Homes collects your personal information as part of our sales and service process, when we run promotions and any other marketing activity run by Keibuild Homes. We ensure that your information is handled in strict compliance with the Commonwealth Government’s Australian Privacy Principles set out in the Privacy Act 1988.
The types of personal information we may collect about you includes:
- your name;
- images of you;
- your contact details, including email address and telephone number;
- your postal, residential and/or service address;
- your age and/or date of birth;
- your gender;
- your demographic information, such as postcode;
- your preferences and/or opinions in relation to your new home build;
- your drivers licence number
- information you provide to us through customer surveys;
- details of products and services we have provided to you and/or that you have enquired about, and our response to you;
- we may collect information about your bank account details and other information that allows us to transact with you;
- additional personal information that you provide to us, directly or indirectly, through your use of our Site, associated applications, associated social media platforms and/or accounts from which you permit us to collect information; and
- any other personal information requested by us and/or provided by you or a third party.
Collection and use of personal information
We may collect your personal information when:
- you visit our website;
- you enquire or purchase any of our products/services;
- you fill out our online enquiry or application forms;
- you complete your details on our online chat;
- you enter a competition or promotion we run;
- you provide us with your details via social media channels;
- you contact us in-house, online, via telephone, email and in person;
- when your details are provided to us via our referral programs; and
- your details are provided to us by Land Agents.
We may hold, use and disclose personal information for the following purposes:
- to identify, contact and communicate with you;
- to provide you with information on our products/services;
- to collect and process payments;
- to manage the goods and services we provide to you;
- for internal record keeping and administrative purposes;
- to respond to queries and complaints;
- for analytics, market research and business development, including to operate and improve our Site, associated applications and associated social media platforms;
- to promote and market our products and services to you;
- to run competitions and/or offer additional benefits to you;
- for advertising and marketing, including to send you promotional information about our products and services and information about third parties that we consider may be of interest to you;
- to comply with our legal obligations and resolve any disputes that we may have; and
- to consider your employment or sub-contracting application.
By submitting your Personal Information to Keibuild Homes, you consent to us using your Personal Information in the above manner. You also consent to us using your Personal Information for sending you information, including promotional material, about us or our products and services, as well as the products and services of our related entities and third parties, now and in the future. You also consent to us sending you such information by means of direct mail, telemarketing, email, SMS and MMS messages. You can contact us using the contact details specified below if you do not want to receive marketing information from us or if you want to stop receiving telemarketing.
Disclosure of personal information to third parties
Depending on how you work with us, we may disclose personal information to:
- our employees, sub-contractors, contractors and/or related entities;
- your nominated account representatives;
- other organisations or individuals who assist us in providing products and services to you;
- our existing or potential land agents where you request us to do so;
- sponsors or promoters of any competition we run;
- credit reporting agencies, courts, tribunals and regulatory authorities, in the event you fail to pay for goods or services we have provided to you;
- third party service providers for the purpose of enabling them to provide their services, including (without limitation) IT service providers, data storage, web-hosting and server providers, debt collectors, maintenance or problem-solving providers, marketing or advertising providers, professional advisors and payment systems operators;
- courts, tribunals, regulatory authorities and law enforcement officers, as required by law, in connection with any actual or prospective legal proceedings, or in order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights;
- third parties, including agents or sub-contractors, who assist us in providing information, products, services or direct marketing to you; and
- third parties to collect and process data, such as [Google Analytics or other relevant businesses]. This may include parties that store data outside of Australia.
Your rights and controlling your personal information
Restrict: You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information. If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by contacting us using the details below.
Access: You may request details of the personal information that we hold about you. An administrative fee may be payable for the provision of such information. In certain circumstances, as set out in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth), we may refuse to provide you with personal information that we hold about you.
Correction: If you believe that any information we hold about you is inaccurate, out of date, incomplete, irrelevant or misleading, please contact us using the details below. We will take reasonable steps to correct any information found to be inaccurate, incomplete, misleading or out of date.
Complaints: If you believe that we have breached the Australian Privacy Principles and wish to make a complaint, please contact us using the details below and provide us with full details of the alleged breach. Alternatively you can complete your details on our complaints page. We will promptly investigate your complaint and respond to you, in writing, setting out the outcome of our investigation and the steps we will take to deal with your complaint.
Unsubscribe: To unsubscribe from our email database or opt-out of communications (including marketing communications), please contact us using the details below or opt-out using the opt-out facilities provided in the communication.
Storage and security
We are committed to ensuring that the personal information we collect is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the personal information and protect it from misuse, interference, loss and unauthorised access, modification and disclosure. All databases are backed up to off-site secure hosting. The website utilises SSL encryption to further protect privacy and maintain data security. Our website is further protected from online threats via a firewall.
Cookies and web beacons
We may use web beacons on our Site from time to time. Web beacons (also known as Clear GIFs) are small pieces of code placed on a web page to monitor the visitor’s behaviour and collect data about the visitor’s viewing of a web page. For example, web beacons can be used to count the users who visit a web page or to deliver a cookie to the browser of a visitor viewing that page.
Links to other websites
For any questions or notices, please contact our office at:
Keibuild Homes ABN (ABN 75 626 158 085)
Last update: 8th August 2019